DART by GAiN
DART means 'Disaster Assistance and Response Team'. It takes action after violent disasters as an international team of the humanitarian organisation GAiN (Global Aid Network).
Something you can do
Throughout the year we are looking for new members of the DART. EVERYBODY can be.
Contribute materially and financially:
To buy all the equipments needed, to train, to send and sustain DART members during/after a mission your financial contribution will do a lot. Maybe you can help us in getting the materials needed by the team to work in a disaster-affected area. Like hygiene and safety equipments, emergency food, special power supply devices, special IT and communication materials and so on. For way to contribute, please, contact us!
This means to be ready to go on mission. All suitable applicants will be invited first for an interview and eventually a disaster training. In case of a disaster, a message will be sent out to the whole database in order to find enough members ready to join the respective DART mission within one week. One mission may last up to four months.
People who want to apply are expected to meet at least the following qualifications:
- English language ability (further language ability wanted)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good physical health
- Psychological stability
- Flexibility and short-term availability
- Capacity for teamwork (including personal subordination to the decisions of the team leader)
- Intercultural competence
- Willingness to fulfill the duty without complaining or discussing
- Readiness to leave to a disaster area for a period of at least 2 weeks (better will be 4 weeks to 3 months)
- Stable/supportive personal environment
We are looking for people who can help us to fill the following functions of a DART:
- Team Leader
- Aid Distribution
- Medical Care
- Staff Coordination
- Spiritual Guidance
- Logistics Coordination
- Construction/Engineering and Coordination
- Water Supply Coordination
For more information about each function, please, see the DART manual.
The next DART-training is April 29 – May 7, 2017.
After reading the DART manual you can fill and send us your Application Form. Besides this application form we also need a resumé (CV) and a recent picture.
We need YOU in the team!
Together we can make a change – support DART now!